Sunday, June 5, 2011

On a lighter note....

I've been trying to brainstorm up another blog post during the past couple days. Unfortunately, up until now I've been too stuck on the last post to come up with a new one. Sooooo I decided to just sit down and see what ends up coming from the keyboard.....Ready for this?


I had a conversation with a dear friend about a week ago about bad circumstances. We hadn't really talked for a while and since we had both been going through a kinda rough time the conversation consisted of mostly sad or depressing stuff that had been on our hearts. Friends that had betrayed, family that had disappointed, and cranky days that ended in hurt feelings. Some of our complaints were little, some were big and caused many tears that had remained unshed for too long. When we finally finished all of our woe-is-me's and the sober conversation was coming to a close I realized something that I really hadn't noticed until then. "You know," I said "even though I feel like this has been the roughest 6 months of my life, I feel like my faith is stronger then it's ever been." She smiled at me and said, "I know exactly what you mean."


I can't even begin to describe the work in my life that Christ has been doing. I feel like my heart has "Construction Zone" tape all over it. The way I think has almost completely changed. Can a heart change this much in a year? Even though many of the lessons have been somewhat painful, through ever bumpy spot in the road Jesus has been teaching me something. I'm closer to Christ now than I have ever been in my life.


That is an incredible feeling. Being close to the Creator of the Universe? No way. Is that possible? Wow.


It seems like every time I felt despair was drawing near my Savior gave me just what I needed to keep going. Hmm, God is super good at providing for His children, huh?


Like a much needed sermon or lecture, an encouraging letter from a friend,
being on the receiving end of a spontaneous phone call, just the right scripture, at just the right time,
being kidnapped for a break from the stress....ect


The list goes on and on. Jesus knows what I need, when I need it.


During one of my "quiet" days I received a very unexpected email from someone I barely knew. This person asked me if I could make sense of the confusing religion that I believed in. Could I possible share why I believed what I believe?


Could I?!?! Yes! I think that sharing my faith is my favorite thing to do in the whole world. The more I share, the more excited I get as I remember how incredible the story is! The story that I so love to tell is the most amazing and most needed story there is!


I couldn't unplaster the smile from my face for days.


Did you know Jesus loves you?
Wow. God is good. 

I've been incredible busy during the past week, it's flown by faster than...something fast. All I did was blink on Monday. I want my week back!
I guess I got my "Dear God, please make me more productive everyday" prayer answered.


Be careful what you pray for, God may just give you what you asked for.


Which brings me to my next subject:


Dear faithful blog followers,
Joanna will be signing out of the blogging world for the summer, starting in about two weeks. If she so happens to survive long enough, she should return right around the end of August.
Sincerely,
Into Marvelous Light


I prayed that God would give me every opportunity to serve Him this summer. Well, He has. So now I am getting ready for a lovely, relaxing, laid back summer that includes 5 weeks at Shiloh Bible Camp and 3 weeks with CEF 5-day clubs. I'm also pretty sure my family would like me to join them on a summer vacation somewhere too...
During my short "visits" home in between everything else I have a yearling colt to work with and some trails that are just begging to be ridden by horseback. (like, seriously begging to be ridden)
I suppose when all else fails farm life will manage to keep me busy in the hours and hours of boredom I will have to deal with this summer.
Between now and when I leave for camp in two weeks I really need the pregnant dairy goats to give birth so my poor mama doesn't have to take care of newborn goatlets by herself. Finishing up school and getting everything I need for camp is on the "to-do" list as well.


I really love being busy, but I am SO glad God's got my day planner cause I have no idea how I'm going to get everything accomplished this summer. But even while I'm busy stressing over silly details I am also so incredibly excited about what God is going to do this summer! Big things I'm sure!


Are you ever just overwhelmed with how awesome God is? I sure am. Right about now.


Jesus loves you. Did you know that?  


God is good. 


No really, God is good all the time.


Be thankful :)
~Joanna


......P.s. Get all that? Hope Ya'all could make sense of it... I apologize for worse spelling and grammar than usual, I do need sleep... 




[Christians: prayers for Shiloh Bible camp and the upcoming summer of 5 day clubs would be greatly appreciated! Pray for all the kids I will be working with this summer and that I would be a good witness and example. Pray for all those sharing  the good news that they would have wisdom and boldness but most importantly, love when they share. Thanks in advance to all my brothers and sisters that are prayer warriors!]




1 Peter 5:7
Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you.

Mathew 6:26
Look at the birds of the air: they neither sow nor reap nor gather into barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not of more value than they?

"Don't tell God how big your circumstances are, tell your circumstances how big your God is."

2 comments:

  1. I love you girl! I hope you do get a stress release with camp and I hope you GROW! :-) I will be praying for you. Keep your eyes on Christ and everything else will fall into place. <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. In reference to the first part of your post: the strongest steel has to be tempered with intense heat. The most beautiful gold is purified with fire. But it's all worth it! GOD is good!!

    ReplyDelete